Friday, April 23, 2010

The little things....


WHEN you have known unbelievable pain you come to appreciate the little things. John, Ava and I walked TWICE today down Schooner Head Road. The second time we went a whole mile. Me, with excellent posture :-)))) Between walks, I RODE IN A CAR, for almost 30 minutes - yup I did :) Range Rovers have EXCELLENT lumbar support choices in the seats. I learned that I might be able to fix my disc problem with exercise. Since I can't see a neurosurgeon until July, this is a very good thing. THEN, we had the most amazing dinner - Mom made the ultimate comfort food (as far as I'm concerned, it wasn't Dee's casserole or anything) which is chicken and stuffing in a creamy sauce. Paired it with a fabulous bottle of Napa Pinot Noir and the best meal ever.


A couple things:

If you are going to sneeze, lean back - not forward.

At the end of a run, don't lean forward with your hands on your knees.


Mom and I are going to work on the exercises tomorrow to alleviate back pain from this fabulous book that I love so much I am going to sleep with under my pillow. See above.

Now I just have to remember to appreciate the little things ALL the time. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment