Friday, March 30, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Monday, March 26, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
PERFECT. NOwhere on earth I would rather be than at our beach - Ava looking for dead things in the stinky seaweed and Mommy looking for sea glass - It was as if a Leprachaun had sprinkled the beach with treasures just for us to find. Not bad for an hour's work - when some of that hour was spent laying on the rocks in the sun.
Friday, March 16, 2012
- Boutique Inn and Restaurant
- Portland, Me 04101
- Hotels and Lodging
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Job Reference Code
About the Job
We are looking for the ideal General Manager for an upscale, small, boutique inn and restaurant in Portland, Maine.
An incredible capacity for attention to detail and love for working with guests are priority traits of the successful candidate. Three to five years of fine dining experience and appreciation of food, wine and design is key and a desire to be the face of this dynamic business is paramount.
This is a live-in, year round position with overall 24/7 responsibility for the property. We will hire the applicant with the most well rounded experience and desire including:
- Demand for attention to detail.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in FOH restaurant management, with knowledge of wine and fine dining service.
- Passion for and experience working with guests.
- Fastidious demands for cleanliness and organization.
- Ability to lead a team --- and be a team player.
- Passion for and concierge-level knowledge of Maine.
- Basic knowledge of property maintenance.
- Full understanding of balancing guests and business needs.
For more information, please visit: www.kimberlyswan.com
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to Holly Walls.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Friday, March 2, 2012
Erica and I drove by the Civic Center on errands for First Round at the Danforth party in Portland last night. LOVE seeing all the big 18 wheelers with Eric Church's face all over them, there for the concert. I said I wouldn't rule out heading over after the Danforth party but didn't think I really could because of not wanting to leave Ava. When Rebekah and Zac offered to take Ava for a while, Erica, Alyssa and I headed out. Good time! Love going last minute to see what kind of great seats you can get, these were perfect for a whim. Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke!