Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Times



So, the coolest thing just happened. Ava and I heard a bird fly into one of the big windows that look out on deck. We went out to see if the little guy was okay (and honestly I didn't want Ava "playing" with a dead bird) and he was just standing there, a little off to his side, panting like crazy. I picked him up and he finally closed his mouth and stopped panting. We paced up and down the deck, rocking him a little and petting him and telling him it would be okay. I tried to put him down on the deck rail but he wouldn't let go of my finger so we just walked some more. Finally, he actually looked up at me like "OK, I'm ready now" so I put him on the rail again and he flew over to a tree!!! I was shocked. He stayed there until I got my iphone, snapped this pic of him and then flew off to Acadia. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment