Grilling tomatoes intensifies their flavor and takes a traditional Italian starter to the next level.
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill
- 2 large red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 tsp. garlic oil, plus more for brushing tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, halved, each half thinly sliced
- 12 leaves fresh basil
2. Brush tomato slices with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper (if desired), and place on grill. Cook 8 minutes, turning once, or until tomato slices are juicy and grill-marked.
3. Arrange tomato and mozzarella in alternating pattern on serving plate. Drizzle with 2 tsp. garlic oil, and top with basil leaves.