Saturday, October 17, 2009

The grass is always greener....

I always think I can get more accomplished if I am in the place I am not. When I am in Bar Harbor, I think if I could just get to Portland I could get some things done and visa versa.

Did get a lot done working on job description for new marketing/public relations position and spent some time at all three inns, moving art around, finalizing next weekend's event, talking with chef about restaurant at The Danforth but... have things to do in Bar Harbor and I keep counting how many days before I can tackle those.

And, admittedly, there is no more wonderful house than the Bar Harbor one for when you want to be warm, and in the summer for when you want to be cool. SO! spoiled.

Ava and I have been walking around Portland, West End, so much today people probably think we are planning something but I miss the carriage roads and it is so nice to tire her out, especially here where she isn't as comfortable in her space here.

Biggest mistake of the day was having a pomegranate mimosa with lunch at Front Room, holy moly, ruined me for the afternoon. Went to visit Jimmy and John at Compositions and could hardly focus, ONE little mimosa. Never again.

Tomorrow Ava and I are going to Brunswick to FINALLY see the new home of Provisions. Can't wait - will also pick up some great wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment