Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Music in the blog title


So, what is the music? Maineville Publishing. So, what is Maineville Publishing?


Years ago now, when Beth - now innkeeper at West End Inn - was handling all of Chevy's music marketing, I had the a few times in a lifetime opportunities to accompany her to Grammy parties, CMA Awards, Toby Keith private concerts - (be still my heart) NASCAR races, (and yes be in the pits, or even spend the evening hanging out on Tony Stewart's bus with the band Diamond Rio) ooopsss I am digressing... Hey Beth! have I said thank you for all that enough? I hope so.


One of the coolest parts of those times was meeting and spending time with the band Blue County. Sometimes there are people in your life that God just means for you to be connected with. The Blue County guys are those types of people. We have had them in Bar Harbor twice for concerts that rocked the Criterion Theatre.


Aaron Benward and I became very close friends through the years of running into each other at concerts with Beth, their time here and we really started to share our dreams and what life was about. Aaron has a great family - in fact he and Kenda honeymooned in Bar Harbor - small world - and is a very spiritual person which I treasure.


In January of 2008 we started Maineville Publishing as a realization of a dream of Aaron's to own his own publishing business and a dream of mine to actually be involved in the music industry in some fashion. Aaron is a fantastic writer and I know it is not far away before we'll hear our first Maineville song on the radio. He is still performing too and is without doubt my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment