Friday, March 6, 2009

Why I have to start cooking.....

















OK - I was thinking last night, why don't I cook more often? At the Open That Bottle Night party last weekend, I was the only one that didn't. They asked me to bring bread.... from the bakery. LOLOLOL I think I have taken this "I don't cook" thing too far. It seems like my closest friends are all "foodies" and I love it. I guess one of the problems is not eating meat or fish, limits the menu a bit. (Someone asked what the entree was at the dinner party last weekend and the answer was, "Kim's coming" so that meant chicken.... :-)
Pictures above of the kitchens in the Bar Harbor house and the Portland condo show that my intent was there to cook when designing these..... or, okay, maybe just to have cool kitchens.
Then I thought - why do I have these great kitchens if I am not going to cook and for heaven's sake why have a wine collection if there is nothing to pair it with. So, my goal - (not for March too much going on - lol) is to stop saying I don't cook.

2 comments:

  1. Great goal! Summer is a fun time to "start" cooking because of all the fresh loot out there...fresh tomatoes and basil, mmm.
    PS: i hear you make the best pesto...technically not cooking i suppose you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were JUST talking about that last night. Jim McBride said that pesto does not count as cooking! I guess I tried to convince him this summer that it did....

    ReplyDelete